Saturday, January 16, 2010

HAVE YOU CHECKED YOURSELF LATELY? (PART #2)

In part one of this series, we spoke to you about checking yourself, you and God, to make sure everything was ok. We challenged you to take a look at your walk, and your relationship with God, to see just how things were. It doesn’t take a prophet coming to your house to tell you where you stand with God, you know if your prayer life is just repetition and no power in it. You know what sins you are hiding from everyone else, but God, even though the Bible says to get rid of it, you still have it. You may fool me, your pastor, and your friends but one thing is certain, deep down inside you KNOW things aren’t right.

We also told you in part one that it was time to take this seriously, for the coming tribulation is soon upon us, and those not taking time to “check” themselves and make things right with God in this manner would not make it. The question occurs to me, how does one know in checking that you have repaired what is broken? First of all, how do you know what to check for, and second how do you know it is fixed? My friend, thank God we have a checklist and an answer!

This checklist, this guide, I speak of is most important. Without it, many of us could sit here and say; “I’m fine, I’m doing the best I can do and that meets any criteria”. Without this guide line we could all say we are ok, we need no warnings, we are preparing and doing all things right. This guide I speak of is called --- are you ready for it? ---- here it comes:

THE B-I-B-L-E! (aka, The Word of God)

I am so thankful today that we have a guide to go by, a judge to tell us what is right, and what is wrong. I am glad we are not mindless puppets who rely on CNN TV reporters and White House spin doctors to tell us what is right and what is wrong. God has given us the light of his word, wrote down and preserved thru the centuries for us to know him and what he expects and commands of us to do. TV reporter’s words will fail and lie to you, government politician’s words will fail and lie to you, but the word of God is quick and powerful, sharper than any sword, more powerful than a speeding locomotive and faster than a speeding bullet. This word, God’s word, is so powerful when one dare’s to believe in it, it protects them, keeps them, shows them the right path to walk in, reveals light from evil, a good road from one that is full of land mines waiting to destroy you.

If you have not figured it out by now, I am giving you practical lessons to preparing for the coming storm, and the horrible tribulation we must endure. I am giving you the “How to’s” as well as diagnosing the problem. And first and foremost, we must begin to fall in love with his word, we must begin to know it like we know our TV Guide, like our Sunday news paper. Oh, come now, I bet you could tell me just where to look in those periodicals for the next episode of a soap opera, or movie, but you would stumble to find what God spoke to Moses on the mountain top in exodus. By the way that was the ten commandments to help you out. The first step in preparation begins by knowing his word, believing his word, and applying it in everyday life.

I leave you with a thought from the book of James. The “doer” of the word – ( one who applies it and lives it in everyday life) is the one righteous and justified before God – NOT THE HEARER! I challenge you today, get to reading his word now, saturate your mind with his powerful breath, it will change you, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment